When searching for a care solution for a senior client, there are a number of considerations to think through. And while there’s no shortage of private consumers offering caregiving services for seniors, as well as caregiver registries that act as matchmaking services, there are a number of reasons that a professional senior home care agency, like 24/7 Idaho Homecare, is best. Here are just a few:
- The time-intensive search for a high quality caregiver is removed from your busy to-do list. A senior home care agency like 24/7 Idaho Homecare not only performs intensive reference, background and driving record checks, but also takes time to pair the perfect caregiver to each senior, considering personality type, hobbies and common interests in addition to care needs, skills, requested schedule and geographic location.
- Your client’s caregiver is fully trained and experienced. A professional in-home care agency like 24/7 Idaho Homecare provides ongoing caregiver training in a wide range of senior care topics, as well as a thorough initial orientation. When you select a caregiver privately or through a registry, it’s difficult to know how experienced he or she truly is, and what level of training – if any – has been provided.
- Tax responsibilities are handled. Hiring a caregiver through a registry or as an independent hire means the senior and/or his or her family members are that caregiver’s employer, meaning they are responsible for the caregiver’s payroll and other taxes, something that is often not disclosed. Alternatively, because all caregivers from a professional home care agency are employees of the agency, payroll taxes, workers’ compensation, etc. are paid for by the agency.
- The senior will always have a caregiver. At some point, a senior’s caregiver will become sick or take a vacation. When utilizing the services of an agency, the senior will have a backup caregiver if his or her regular caregiver is out for any reason. Additionally, a senior home care agency handles all employee discipline, to correct any situations that may arise, such as arriving late to work.
- Leave the supervision to us. An agency provides supervision and oversight of all care staff, ensuring that seniors are protected from potential financial, mental or physical abuse.
Selecting the best home care provider for an elderly client can be a challenging undertaking. At 24/7 Idaho Homecare, we’re here with the trusted, reliable elder care in Boise and the surrounding areas that ensures seniors stay safe and receive the highest possible quality of care.